Online application and registration is required for noncredit (no fee), English as a Second Language (ESL is also no fee), and Community Education (low fee) classes. Enrolling is easy.
Noncredit (no fee) Registration
- Apply online and receive a student ID number (new students must complete an application online; returning students must update an application online)
- Create your mySDCCD acount ( See documentation for help)
- Sign up for an orientation if required
- Receive a course permission number to enroll in your class. Log into your mySDCCD account by entering your student ID number and password.
- Add the class to your schedule.
Many classes operate on an open-entry open-exit format and require the above registration process. Students are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Minimum attendance is necessary for classes to be held. Be certain to attend the first day of class to reserve your space.
English as a Second Language Registration
Please see ESL Enrollment instructions. You may enroll at any time. Please note that San Diego Continuing Education does not issue I-20s. I-20s may only be obtained through a public or private college or through a privately owned school.
Community Education Registration
Low fee classes are offered through our Community Education program. Community Education courses are self-supporting, fee-based courses. Course fees range from $5.00 to $15.00 per instructional hour as approved by the SDCCD Board of Trustees. These low fee classes provide diverse, personal and professional enrichment to the San Diego community.
If you are 18 or older and a resident of California, you may attend classes. If you are under 18 and a high school graduate, married, or in the military, and a resident of California, you may also attend. Contact Student Services if you have questions about attending classes.
Regulations set by USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) prohibit individuals in the U.S. with an F-1, B-1 or B-2 (visitor) visa, or with a border crossing card from attending Continuing Education classes.