Join Our Community AND...
- Graduate from high school or pass a high school exit exam
- Earn a certificate that helps you get a better job
- Start community college, feeling ready and financially supported
- Get paid to learn skills and explore career opportunities at a local company
- Become JOB READY: Know where to find and apply for jobs and ace your interviews
Our team supports your success!
Requirements to participate:
- 18-24 years old
- Automatically eligible if you have not finished high school
- Automatically eligible if you live in any of the following zip codes: 92102, 92105, 92113, 92114, 92115, 92139
- Looking for a “better” or “career” job
- Ready to commit time to setting and achieving goals
Get enrolled today!
1. Attend a mandatory orientation in our Resource Center at ECC, 4343 Ocean View Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92113 in Room #C120:
- NO ORIENTATION AT 9 AM ON AUGUST 28TH
- Wednesday, August 28th 3-4 PM
- Wednesday, September 4th 9-10 AM
- Wednesday, September 4th 3-4 PM
- Wednesday, September 11th 9-10 AM
- Wednesday, September 11th 3-4 PM
- Wednesday, September 18th 9-10 AM
- Wednesday, September 18th 3-4 PM
- Wednesday, September 25th 9-10 AM
- Wednesday, September 25th 3-4 PM
2. Complete an application
3. Submit eligibility documentation and enroll in a SDCE education program
4. Interview with staff
If selected, you will be assigned a coach or "Case Manager" who will meet with you to set goals and make a plan for your future!
- Visit the Gateway to Opportunity Youth Resource Center at the Educational Cultural Complex to learn more about the program and seek support from staff. It is also home to a student computer lab and has dedicated academic counseling available for students.
- Monday-Friday 10 AM to 4:00 PM
- Appointments are strongly encouraged. Drop-ins are welcome!
More About the Gateway Program:
Sponsored by San Diego Continuing Education Foundation, we envision empowered young adults able to imagine their possibilities for achieving self- sufficiency and engaging in actions that create emotional, social, and financial sustainability and well-being.
Committed to alleviating youth disconnection, we serve opportunity youth by creating a compassionate educational community that provides individualized and intensive support, wrap around services, guided pathways to college and career, employment driven learning opportunities, and subsidized work experience.
Flora Barron, Program Manager email@example.com
Semret Hailemariam, Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Anisha Jackson, Case Manager email@example.com
Victor Gonzalez, Case Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Kimberley Ebert, Business Services Representative email@example.com
San Diego Gateway to College and Career is partially funded by The San Diego Workforce Partnership, WIOA Title I. It is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.