The Flex Calendar Committee is a standing subcommittee of the Professional Development Committee. The purpose of the committee is to work with the Governance Council and Academic Senate to develop a flexible calendar program that provides faculty members with opportunities to participate in professional development activities. These activities should be related to “staff, student, and instructional improvement” (title 5, section 55720). This committee provides recommendations to the Professional Development Committee. The Flex Calender Committee is responsible for making recommendations on staff, student, and instructional improvement activities (Title 5, Section 55730(e)). The recommendations are based upon a comprehensive planning process that includes needs assessment and evaluation. The committee assists the flex coordinator in the tasks necessary for implementation of the flexible calendar program.
- Work within a shared governance environment and oversee the tasks necessary to implement the flexible calendar program
- Educate faculty, staff and administrators on the role of the flex calendar
- Administer a yearly needs assessment to faculty members
- Use the needs assessment to make recommendations for staff, student, and instructional improvement activities
- Work with the Academic Senate to develop a peer review process for individual faculty plans
- Publish and submit a list of qualified flexible calendar activities
- Maintain and update the list of qualified flexible calendar activities
- Assist with developing San Diego Continuing Education’s yearly calendar
- Evaluate the success of the program on four levels
- Faculty Flex Coordinator, Chair
- Vice President, Instruction
- Faculty (7)
- Classified (2)
Terms of office for members of the committee should be arranged to provide for continuity.
This committee meets a minimum of two times each year during the fall and spring semesters.