Upon successful completion, you will be prepared for entry-level and/or journeyman positions in the welding industry.
Examples of a job you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Pipe Welder $19/hr.
1,200 hours. Complete in 48 to 52 weeks.
You will learn:
- Basics for shielded metal arc welding carbon steel pipe
- Basics for gas tungsten arc welding of carbon steel pipe and tube
- Correct identification, use and welding of pipes
- Workplace skills including technical math, communications, and business ethics
- Workplace safety practices and procedures
Students should have experience with the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) processes. Instruction is based on industry standards developed by the American Welding Society (AWS) and American Petroleum Institute (API). You will actually weld as part of this training, so understanding how to properly and safely use welding equipment and related trade tools are a big part of this program.