Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Billing and Posting Clerk $15.75/hr.
- Accounting, Tax Preparation Bookkeeping, and Payroll Services $15.88/hr.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
322 hours. Complete in 35 to 60 weeks.
Provides students with the basic skills necessary to achieve successful employment in the accounting field. This program serves as step two of learning office systems and procedures, and students follow a prescribed course of study, which includes successful completion of core curriculum prior to completing this second step. Learn how to:
- Type at a minimum of 35 nwpm
- Use the accounting equation
- Post to journals and ledgers
- Understand adjusting and closing entries
- Develop worksheets and financial statements
- Understand payroll accounting, taxes, and reports
- Work with sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations
- Use automated accounting software
- Complete reports using spreadsheet software
Orientation is required prior to enrolling in this program, and during orientation, you will learn about the core curriculum in the Front Desk/Office Assistant program. Attend classes at your own pace, and upon completion of all classes, you will be prepared for entry level work in customer service, and with some experience working in an accounting department, it is possible to move into Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Collections, and Bookkeeping.