Examples of a job you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Nursing Assistant $22,439-31,493
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
260-300 hours. Complete in 12 to 16 weeks.
Be trained to provide care to those who are unable to care for themselves. Through lecture and hands-on skills practice, you learn to bathe, dress, feed, and assist patients with toileting as well as report changes in a patient’s physical or mental status to the supervising nurse. You will learn:
- Professionalism and ethics
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Patients’ rights and independence
- Rehabilitative/restorative care
- Medical/surgical asepsis and standard procedures
- Emergency procedures and prevention of catastrophe
- Resident care skills and procedures
- Body mechanics and nutrition
- Vital signs, weights, and measures
- Observation and charting
- Long term care resident
- Death and dying
It is advised that you enter the program with strong reading skills of at least 9th grade or higher. You must present proof of a negative TB test within three months, and a physical exam within one year of the date you begin classes.
Upon successful completion of Nursing Assistant Training, you may apply to take the state Certified Nurse Assistant examination. After passing the state exam, you become certified as a Nurse Assistant by the State of California.