Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Electronic Prepress Technician $11-15/hr.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
Electronic Prepress Operations is a 720-hr training program in which students learn to use the latest in document layout and graphic design software, including InDesign, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat, to create projects which are then actually produced in our own modern production facility. This class prepares students to go to work in the graphic communications industry in a variety of different types of companies, such as commercial digital and offset printing, flexography or silk screening companies, publishers, newspapers, graphic design and advertising firms. Desktop publishers and graphic designers can learn to make their designs reproducible in the real world. More
- Industry-standard software for document layout (InDesign, QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat)
- Learn how to properly prepare digital files for print
- Computerized workflow for operation of computer-to-plate imagesetters
- Learn graphics industry terms, customs, and safety procedures
- General knowledge of printing production
- Working with actual clients on real world production projects
- Basic use of bindery equipment
- Bidding and estimating
- Job search and workplace skills and business ethics
Classes are open entry/open exit, which means you can enroll anytime. When you complete all the necessary coursework, you will receive a certificate that describes competencies learned in class.
Instruction includes lecture, audio-visual presentations, and field trips covering the graphics industry, with lab work including workbook study, and hands-on production time.
Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared for entry-level employment in the graphics trade, and you will have a professional portfolio of finished projects that exhibits your work and knowledge.