Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Small Press Operator $10-12/hr.
- Large Press Feeder $10-12/hr.
- Bindery Machine Operator $10/hr.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
720 hours. Complete in 28 to 30 weeks.
Learn the operation of the different types of commercial press machines in a real-world environment. Learn production processes as you create and complete actual projects for nonprofit organizations in the community. You will learn:
- Set up, operation, and basic maintenance of various types of offset presses
- Computer-to-Plate (CTP) operations with workflow
- Correct use of bindery equipment (e.g. bookletmaker, folder, cutter)
- Supportive skills in prepress operations
- Safety procedures
- Working with clients
- Bidding and estimating projects
- Preparation of work orders
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Workplace skills and business ethics
Instruction includes 220 lecture hours including audio visual presentations and field trips covering the graphics industry standards of operation, and 500 laboratory hours using demonstrations, workbook study and hands-on production time.
This is an actual working print shop, and you will produce actual jobs for nonprofit customers. Upon completion of this program, you will be prepared for entry-level employment in the graphics industry, and you will have a professional portfolio of your finished, printed projects to share with potential employers.