Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Network Security Specialist $30+/hr.
- Field Engineer $30+/hr.
- Network Administrator $30+/hr.
- Network Analyst $30+/hr.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
308 hours. Complete a module in 11 weeks.
This training prepares you to take the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) exam, which leads to CCNA certification. Four modules cover networking fundamentals; routing protocols and concepts; LAN switching and wireless, and accessing the WAN. You will learn:
- Basic networking configuration
- Function and operations of local area networks
- Cisco IOS fundamentals and wide area networks
- IP addressing
- Routing/switching technologies, protocols, and configuration
- Performance maximization and improvement of networking security
- Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI)
Four modules are sequential and each must be completed successfully in order to transfer to the next module. The Networking Academy provides web-based content, online assessment, student performance tracking, hands-on lab, support and preparation for CCNA certification.
Recommended pre-admission skills include critical thinking and problem solving skills; effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to work well alone or as part of a team; computer literacy; effective study skills; strong reading, writing, and math skills; a commitment to attend all class sessions, plus spend an additional 6-10 hours of individual study time on your own each week.