Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Upholsterer Helper $10/hr.
- Experienced upholsterers can earn up to $20 per hour or more.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
600 hours. Complete in 36 to 52 weeks.
In this Job Training/Certificate Program, learn how to:
- Install seat upholstery, carpets, headliners, convertible tops, door panels, arm rests, pleating, and tufting
- Sew beading, curves, square corners, and zipper inserts
- Use and maintain special tools, equipment, and computerized sewing machines
- Communicate effectively and professionally on the job, and apply work ethics
- Follow industry safety practices and procedures
Course content is based on current industry standards, and classes include hands-on experience applying techniques used in the upholstery trade in a work setting like those found in the upholstery industry.