Examples of jobs you may be qualified for after completion of this program:
- Automotive Service Technician $20/hr.
- Auto Body Technician Helper $12/hr.
- Experienced auto technicians can earn up to $80,000 annually.
Salary information is based on hourly, monthly, or annual estimates from the State of California Employment Development Department.
920 hours. Complete in 25 to 40 weeks.
In this Job Training/Certificate Program, learn how to:
- Diagnose and repair problems with engines, brakes, suspension, steering, electronics, and fuel systems
- Use computer for diagnostics
- Correctly use and maintain hand tools and equipment
- Communicate effectively and professionally on the job, and apply work ethics
- Follow industry safety practices and procedures
Lessons are based on best-practice industry standards from NATEF (National Automotive Technician Education Foundation), and knowledgeable instructors have modern technical qualifications. Classes also prepare you for the Basic Clean Air Car Program, needed for smog check technicians.
A normal day of classes includes time in a lecture setting and hands-on work in the shop. Work as part of a team, on actual cars scheduled for repair in a work setting that is like those in the automotive repair industry.