The SDCEF (San Diego Continuing Education Foundation) supports the goals of San Diego Continuing Education, which is the adult education, noncredit program within the San Diego Community College District. Continuing Education represents a diverse population of San Diegans, and is the oldest and largest noncredit institution in the nation. Continuing Education is separately accredited to the high standard of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, which means the instructional programs, and educators, are held to a high standard.
The SDCEF is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. SDCEF is organized under the California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for public and charitable purposes. The primary purposes of the SDCEF include:
- The advancement of education;
- The instruction and training of individuals in various vocational and academic disciplines;
- The development of research and education projects and special educational and community service programs;
- The provision of scholarships to eligible individuals in order to assist them in improving or developing their capabilities;
- The solicitation and raising of money for the purpose of awarding scholarships and loans to assist students in pursuing an education. Scholarships and loans shall be awarded on the basis of the needs and relative merits of the applicants, without regard to their race, color, or creed, and in accordance with these bylaws, and the rules and procedures adopted by the Board of Directors of this corporation;
- The development and encouragement of opportunities for the establishment of permanent collections, endowments, research and education projects, special educational and community service programs, the improvement of faculty teaching techniques, and the provision of facilities and equipment;
- The design and delivery of programs to meet the training and development needs of individuals having the potential to enter the employee workforce through customized contract education.
San Diego Continuing Education Foundation
October 2, 2014 - 11:00 a.m.
Educational Cultural Complex, Room 121
1. Call to order/acceptance of minutes 2. Old business a. History/background of foundation b. Financial report c. Action items from previous meeting 3. Election of new directors 4. Financial disclosure for directors 5. New business a. Foundation goals b. Scholarship infrastructure c. Board expansion 6. Meeting schedule December 12, 2014, March 13, 2015, June 12, 2015
A request for disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services, may be made by a person with a disability who requires a modification or accommodation in order to participate in the public meeting. Contact Board Secretary, Ranessa Ashton, 619-388-4833 at least 24 hours prior to the meeting date.